Baltic Event Co-Production Market is an opportunity to present your project to decision-makers or find the perfect project to have on your slate during an intensive two days of one-on-one meetings between project representatives and potential financiers, co-producers, and sales agents. An important goal of Baltic Event is to help finance and distribute
films from the region, promote local professionals, filmmaking opportunities and service providers, raise competitiveness and facilitate networking between the region and Western Europe.
An extra day is reserved for training with the topics covering marketing in the international environment, multi-platform opportunities, and alternative financing methods. 16 projects from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Romania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, FYR Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia, Russia, Georgia and Ukraine, and our 2018 Focus Country, Italy, will be presented. Projects from other countries looking for co-production partners or service providers in these countries are also accepted.
Baltic Event Co-Production Market has presented a grand total of 176 projects since its launch and is proud to admit that 80 of these projects have been completed and dozens are still on the road of development or various stages of production. Over the years, our projects have enjoyed notable success at international film festivals and the box office.
Project, which will be in line with the above stated requirements, must provide the following documentation (in English) fully attached to the application:
- director's note on aesthetics and structure
- biography/filmography and portrait photo of the director
- biography/filmography and portrait photo of the producer
- production company profile
- production note
- budget outline and financing plan
- marketing strategy
- if the project has transmedia / multiplatform / interactive potential, note of intention on which digital platforms the project is going to use and why
- the documents showing the ownership of rights in the project in accordance with these Regulations (upon request) Special Conditions:
- participation includes an accreditation fee of 75 Euros per person
- once a film is selected, the producer/representative must be present during the market
- official language of the market is English